Transilvania International Film Festival (TIFF) invites the Romanian filmmakers to submit their series projects in development for the second edition of Drama Room.
Deadline for entries: April 28, 2023.
Drama Room is a program initiated by the Transilvania International Film Festival in 2021, with the scope of developing drama series for the international market, focused on the unique challenges and opportunities for creatives from Central and Eastern Europe.
- Who can apply for Drama Room?
The 3rd edition of Drama Room is open to Romanian projects (represented by screenwriters or screenwriters/producers) interested in expanding their portfolio towards developing and producing series and mini-series. The number of selected projects is 5.
The programme will take place during Transilvania International Film Festival in Cluj-Napoca. The workshop is specifically designed to help creators sharpen their series writing and pitching abilities and understand the international series market. The extensive experience will have sessions and panels led by leading industry experts and applied feedback group sessions.
- Program objectives
- Understanding basic Writers room protocol and methodology
- Introduction in series storytelling structure
- Understanding the Eastern European Marketplace & the needed tools for producing and financing
- Practicing pitching skills and guiding participants into develop their project from idea to series bible (full concepts and pilot outline)
- Highlighting the importance of a series’ pilot: how to hook your target audience?
- Exploring lasting series quality (successful case study on regional drama series)
- Learning from other creatives through group sessions: how to cooperate with each other, get feedback and gain experience working as a creative team
- Introducing participants to industry professionals during TIFF
- Eligibility Criteria
- Romanian nationality
- At least one professional experience on writing a film or TV script could be a plus
- Open to both original concepts and adaptations (in this case secured rights for the work the series is based on is mandatory)
- Having a producer or a broadcaster attached could be a plus
- Fluent in English
- Availability to participate in person during the program (June 13-18)
- How to apply?
The application process takes place online and all materials should be presented in English. In order to submit a project proposal for a series or miniseries, it is necessary to fill out this form:
The application must include the following:
- Logline (250 characters maximum)
- Pitch deck (project presentation in PDF) which must include:
- Visual references/Moodboard
- Format info (how many episodes/duration for each)
- Key themes
- A story overview - Pilot outline / Series outline
- Tone/Voice of the story
- Characters & Dream Cast
- Creator’s statement (2.000 characters maximum)
- Updated CV for each participant (2 pages maximum, per CV)
The organizers reserve the right to request additional documents in the event of a selection.
For inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How does Drama Room work?
Participants will be selected by a committee consisting of professionals from the field.
Once a project is selected, the screenwriter and the producer are invited for the TIFF industry events that take place during TIFF 2023.
Attending public presentations, one-to-one meetings and discussions is mandatory. TIFF covers accommodation and accreditation expenses for selected participants.
Application is free of charge.
Tutors and experts to be announced in June.
All participating projects will be showcased in a projects' booklet.
All produced projects must mention in their ending credits: “presented in the TIFF Drama Room” together with the official logo. The logo will be sent upon request.