Chef Adi Hădean comes to Transilvania International Film Festival 2022 for a special day: Ukrainian Street Food Day. He will prepare, together with Ukrainian chefs, traditional dishes from the neighbouring country, which people from Cluj are invited to try on June 20 at a special event on Potaissa Street in the city centre. All funds raised from the event will be donated to the #SolidarSocial initiative which delivers hot meals to refugees.
For Ukrainian Street Food Day, TIFF and Adi Hădean are launching a call to Ukrainians in Cluj-Napoca, professional or amateur chefs, who are invited to join the event to cook traditional food together. Those interested are invited to write a message to email@example.com.
“I was very happy to receive the invitation from TIFF, because it aligns with the project we started through #SolidarSocial with the help of which we have so far donated over 100,000 hot meals to refugees at the border. I invite people from Cluj to visit us on June 20, they are in for a special culinary experience. And all the money we will collect in exchange for the dishes will be redirected to the Ukrainian community”, says Adi Hădean.
Free access to films and events for Ukrainian citizens
Ukrainian Street Food Day is part of TIFF For Ukraine, an initiative of the Festival dedicated to the film industry and the Ukrainian community. Ukrainian citizens will have free access to the festival with an ID card presented at the entrance before each event:
- for all screenings in Piața Unirii;
- for the screenings of How I Learned to Fly, a film for children and teenagers, with subtitles in Ukrainian, on Saturday 18th of June, 12:00 (Sapientia University) and Wednesday 22nd of June, 17:00 (Mărăști Cinema);
- for the DahkaBrahka concert on Thursday 23rd of June, 20:00 (Iulius Parc Open Air);
and for the following screenings:
- Miraj (Reflection): Saturday 18th of June, 22:00 (Sapientia University) and Saturday 26th of June, 20:30 (Cercul Militar)
- Pamfir: Sunday, 19th of June, 22:30 (Cinema Victoria)
- Rhino: Monday 20th of June, 18:00 (Cinema Florin Piersic) and Thursday 23rd of June, 22:15 (Cinema Florin Piersic) - charity screening, all funds raised will be donated to the Emergency Fund for Filmmakers.
Admission for free seats is 5 minutes before the start of each screening, on a space available basis.
The full festival programme will be available soon.
Follow us on:
Films anywhere, anytime on Romanian territory on TIFF Unlimited: unlimited.tiff.ro.
Transilvania International Film Festival is Organized by the Association for the Promotion of Romanian Cinema and the Association Transilvania Film Festival